02 November 2017

This Week in the Media Center- 10/30/17

Here are a few things we did in the media center this week.
First off, we dressed up to say, "Boo to Bullying!"
I was Lilo and my paraprofessional was Stitch. Basically, all the kids thought I was Moana and she was a mouse. I guess I went a little too old school on the cartoon reference.


My administrators performed one of their wonderful Pay Day songs!


I had all 3-5 students bring their chromebooks with them to the media center this week and add the media center google classroom code in order to join my classroom. Now, I can easily send links and information to them.

We learned about the Media Festival and I explained that students could easily use Google Slides to create a presentation or tell a story. We discussed how students must be very concise of copyright when submitting projects for Media Festival. I showed students that one option for illustrations would be to use Google Drawings to create their own graphics and pictures, instead of finding images on the internet. They were excited to learn how to access Google Drawings. We also practice selected an image they created in Google Drawing and pasting this image into a Google Slide presentation. This may seem obvious to you, but my students were pumped to learn how to do this.


We also created accounts in Powtoon and discussed how a presentation in Powtoon would be considered animation in the Media Festival categories. We practiced using the premade templates and swapping out the characters and objects. I also discussed adding a voice over and background music on the presentation. This part was a bit rushed and I intend to review Powtoons with students another week when they visit the media center.



Book Reviews using Flipgrid
I showed each class how to use Flipgrid to record a book review. We talked about how it should be a commercial/advertisement for a book and should not give the entire book away. Students said to not give too much information or else it would be a spoiler alert! They giggled and laughed so much while watching me record myself do an example of a book review.



Lastly, I had students listen to my very favorite Halloween story.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN