04 July 2015

Five for Friday- July 3rd

I am excited to link up with DoodleBugs Five For Friday


Happy Independence Day, everybody!

I just love Kid President and his positive messages! If you don't know what I am talking about, you are missing out! Start by watching his Pep Talk video on Youtube and be sure to share it with your students! HERE


TIEKS!

 OMG! I finally splurged and bought my first pair of TIEKS!!! I could squeal, I am so excited! They are really expensive compared to what I usually spend on shoes, but shoes are super important for teachers, because we are on our feet SO MUCH! I feel that I can justify this purchase because my feet deserve it! I may be a little boring, because I bought the black matte, but I wanted some that I could get the most wear out of. I love the snake skin and other fun colors, but I was trying to be smart with this purchase. :) They are super comfy, can't wait to wear to work at the end of the month. 




EBAY

One of the reasons I talked myself into splurging and buying TIEKS is because I recently cleaned my closet and sold some things on ebay that I no longer use or never did use.

For example,
I sold some MAC makeup that I don't use, because I use more neutral colors. 

Some Toms that were too small. 


Rainbow Sandals that were also too small. 


I also sold some Cricut Cartridges, I really don't scrapbook much anymore. I need to sell my Cricut, but I can't imagine what I would need to charge for shipping because it is so heavy.

While I was selling all this on eBay, I noticed that people have actually started Instagram Stores to sell items. I started one, but need to add more photos of things to sell. If you are interested I am @caseyhustles :) 



Georgia Peaches on DonorsChoose


I also run a DonorsChoose Community. We have a facebook page, and even though it has "Georgia" in the title, we worked to fund projects from anywhere that are added to our page. 


DonorsChoose is a wonderful organization where you make a Project for your classroom requesting specific items that your class is in need of. You write why your class needs those items and give a few more details and donors from all over can give to your project. 

You can find more info:




You know it's summer, when you are enjoying a Peach Milkshake from Chickfila.
Yum!





I know it is only July and I am not due until December, but I also know that when school starts back it will be hard for me to get anything done, so I am a GET IT DONE NOW type person. 
We happened by a crib at Target that was on clearance, regularly $200 and on sale for $139. It is made from real wood and looks really nice, so we decided to grab it up. The one I originally wanted was $300 and gray, but $139 sounds a lot better than $300.... 
We also recently picked up a dresser and night stand at a yard sale and we plan to paint those gray and put new hardware on those to use for the baby. I am going to use the top of the dresser as a changing table instead of buying an additional changing table. 

Thanks for listening to my randomness from the week! 








Share:

1 comment

  1. You new crib and your new shoes are both adorable! I want Tieks too, but... haven't taken the plunge yet! You'll have to let us all know how you like them :)
    Andrea
    Maternelle avec Mme Andrea

    ReplyDelete

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN