16 October 2015

Five For Friday- 10/16/15


My favorite link up of the week with DoodleBugs Five For Friday



We had a super busy 4 day week!


My students used popplet to create a graphic organizer about spiders. This was our first time using popplet and it was a success! Students were even talking about how much fun popplet was afterwards.








We used Kahoot to review a few math concepts after an assessment. All teachers know the feeling of watching your students taking a test and thinking of wow, they still did not understand that concept, or just knowing that there are a few things you need to review. Kahoot was the perfect fun and engaging way to review without it seeming like a chore to students. 

Here is a link to the one we used:  KAHOOT


Red Ribbon Week is fast approaching and we are having a Door Decorating Contest! My students agree that Drugs are Despicable! Students created their very own minion, we then took a photo of the minion and uploaded it to blabberize. Student then recorded their voices saying what they could do instead of doing drugs. We posted their minion along around the door today we a note that you can hear from the minions how despicable drugs are by going to our class website. 
Here are a few of the minions,









Edmodo
I've used Edmodo before with third grade a few years ago and decided that I would try it with this group of first graders. They are absolutely loving it! So far, we have only tasted a little of what Edmodo has to offer. I posted Kid President's Pep Talk video and had students respond about how Kid President inspires them. The best part is that I require students to use a capital letter, correct punctuation and use a complete sentence to respond. 




 We had a Professional Learning Day Monday. I went to two sessions that I am excited about, but have yet to implement. I am looking forward to starting Code.org in my classroom. The set up was so easy and I like that it is appropriate for K- and above. I've heard of code.org, but have been hesitant because I was not quite sure what the program would have to offer a first grader, but the tasks look very age appropriate and will adjust as students learn more and more. Now to figure out when in my schedule I can implement this.......


The other session that I enjoyed was Explor-ebooks. Our county has purchased a subscription and it looks truly amazing. I will be able to assign books based on their guided reading level or interest. Student can record themselves reading and listen to their own fluency. The books also have multiple choice at the end as well as open response where students can type their answers. This is going to be a great resource in the classroom!








Thanks for listening to my randomness from the week! 



Share:

1 comment

  1. Wow - all your spider work looks great, love the minion craft too and the children making them talk! You've definitely had a busy week, have a good weekend!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN