23 October 2015

Five For Friday- 10/23/15



My favorite link up of the week with DoodleBugs Five For Friday



I learned that I have quite a few of these in my class this year. :)





I used Plickers for the first time this week and it was absolutely amazing. I was able to get real time results, reteach and see improvements instantly! If you haven't heard of them or tried it, just look here- plickers



We also used Kahoot again as a review and had lots of fun with that!




I added some posters to help us with writing. 

The RACE posters are free HERE.
The Transitional Word Posters, as well as the Opening and Closing Posters are included in my Writers Workshop Pack HERE






Writing Goals!
I have ability grouped students in writing and worked with each group to set specific goals that they need to work on while writing. I have a cereal box that is re-purposed to display these goals for students to see at each group. 
I saw an immediate improvement in writing, where students were looking at the goal and then looking at their work to make sure they have punctuation, an opening, are writing using the writing lines to have legible handwriting, etc. 







 If you don't already know it, my husband is also a teacher....and a huge nerd! Why else would I have to go to Target Monday night to buy a grown man a light saber for character day the following day? I still don't understand why Einstein needed a light saber...


 They also had decade day at his school. 




We had our RESPECT Party today. Students with all their RESPECT letters for the first 9 weeks were able to attend. We watched Despicable Me 2 to go along with our classroom door. 


Some parents sent in popcorn for the movie and I just wanted to comment on how some were so clever to send in smart pop that is already popped, because it's hard to run down the hall and pop popcorn. I am going to request this type of popcorn from now on! Why did I not think of this before?





Thanks for listening to my randomness from the week! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN