01 January 2016

Currently January 2016



Listening- Music: Adele, Ellie Goulding and Sara Bareilles 
Audible- I love audible. I have a monthly subscription. The best is finding books that the author narrates. My favorites so far were Mindy Kaling's books. They were absolutely hilarious and she narrates. I am now listening to Rainn Wilson's book, The Bassoon King. It is much more serious compared to hers, but still very interesting. 



Loving- My new Tieks. I have become obsessed with Tieks. They are very pricey, but once you take the plunge and try them out, you will become absolutely obsessed and need a pair at every holiday or basically just make excuses for why you need to order more. I recently added Sand Snake to my collection. I now have 4 pair: black, camel, leopard print, and sand snake. I went with neutral options that I could wear with almost anything. 

Thinking-2016 Goals, this is always hard for me to focus and come up with realistic goals for the new year, but I understand it is valuable to reflect on the past year and set goals for the future. 
Overall, I need to take better care of myself. I need to drink more water and exercise. I am even considering waking up 20 min. earlier than usual each morning and getting on the elliptical before going to work. Hopefully, this will work. I just know that I need to do more to take care of myself.

I always look forward to setting a GOODREADS goal each year. I enjoy reading books and then keeping up with what I have read and plan to read using goodreads. If you are a reader, I definitely suggest you make a goodreads account. It is so much fun to see what your friends and family are reading. As well as see recommendations based on the books you have enjoyed. 
Last year my goal was to read 35 books and I actually read 41. In the past I read about 25 books a year. so for the upcoming 2016 I am setting my goal at 36. 


TPT- I don't have a specific goal for TPT at the moment, other than to continue to create products that I use in my own classroom and that my students successfully enjoy to use. My most recent product that I created is a 20 page set of reading practice sheets that students can use QR Codes to check their answers after completing the sheet. They can be used for morning work, homework, or during reading centers. I already know that I want to create more products that incorporate technology in my classroom. 
See more about this product HERE

Wanting- A new curler set and to actually take time to do something fun with my hair. I constantly straighten my hair flat and walk out the door. I'd like to take time to learn to use some ideas from thesmallthingsblog
I love all her hair and makeup tutorials. If you do not follow her, then you're welcome, you will love her whole blog. Don't look unless you have plenty of time to waste, because once you start looking, you can't stop.
Here is a set of curlers I want to complete some looks she shares about.
It's only $40 on amazon instead of $100 at the moment. I have the same brand hair dryer and I love it.

Needing- To learn more about illustrator and clip art. I have a few clip art items in my TPT store, but I really want to devote more time to learning about illustrator and how to make clip art. I was doing really well for awhile and then my computer crashed with lots of the clip art I created on it and that's why some of my sets of color only and do not include the black and white options. Here are some of the alphabet sets I have in my store and there is a super cheap BUNDLE with all my alphabet clip art, but like I said, it does not include black and white images. 




Click HERE to see the alphabet bundle. 

One little word: MOTIVATED- I'm feeling motivated and excited for 2016. So much to accomplish and so much to improve on in this coming year. 

Check out Oh Boy Fourth Grade for more Currently January's and to link up and share your own. 


Share:

6 comments

  1. I hope you have an amazing 2016! Stay motivated! Drinking water and exercising are great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog design is so cute! And now I am obsessed with The Small Things, I spend countless hours watching makeup and hair videos on youtube but never really try out any of the tutorials, perhaps this year will be the year. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I always watch the hair tutorials and tell myself I am going to try it, but then I'm always in a hurry when I get ready to leave the house and it just doesn't happen.

      Delete
    2. I know! I always watch the hair tutorials and tell myself I am going to try it, but then I'm always in a hurry when I get ready to leave the house and it just doesn't happen.

      Delete
  3. It's so hard to get up earlier in the morning to exercise, but once you do it, your body starts to crave it. Years ago, I told my students that I was a happier teacher, especially in the afternoons, on the days when I went for a run. Don't you figure that one day, when I got a little upset with them, one of them asked me, "Did you forget to go for your run today?" I had to laugh! But it's true! Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny! I had a student last year that used to tell the class that they need to get quiet because she could tell my blood pressure was high. I promise that I never said anything about my blood pressure all year, it must be something she heard her mom say, but my parapro would laugh so hard when that little girl yelled that out.

      Delete

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN