26 February 2016

Five for Friday - 2/26/16




My favorite link up of the week with DoodleBugs Five For Friday 





Started the week off with a PL Day where we were actually able to work in our rooms. Hooray! I thought it would be neat to have a little tour of my class now that we are more than halfway through the school year. I know we commonly share pictures at the beginning of the school year, but I always think it is interesting to see the room once it has been "lived-in" and things have been added throughout the year.














Text Based Evidence
Using Ezra Jack Keats Read Alouds
This week we read lots of books by Ezra Jack Keats and practiced using text based evidence to answer questions during writing.
Students began using phrases like:

The author states...
I know this because....
The text states....
My evidence is on page....

I am really proud of the progress my students have made with this so far. 
















Phonics Poster BUNDLE
I just finished my Phonics Poster BUNDLE with real photos. These can be posted on the wall or put in a binder for students to review specific spelling patterns.
Click HERE to see in my TPT Store.





120 Chart Math Game

My students love this new math station game. A blank 120 chart inside a sheet protector (or you could laminate it) and then have students use different color dry erase markers and take turns filling in numbers on the chart. The first player to get 5 in a row wins!





Step 1 of the Read Across America Week Door Contest 
Pout Pout Fish is one of our favorites!
I plan to add a few more things to the door next week.
Blub, blub blub...


Thanks for joining me for my randomness this week!
Share:

7 comments

  1. I love the Pout Pout Fish! Your room is so colorful and fun!! :) I am so stealing your hundreds chart game and modifying it for kindergarten! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pout Pout Fish is seriously one of my favorites! You can definitely modify it for kindergarten, great idea!
      Casey

      Delete
  2. Your door! My gosh, that is so cute! I love all of the blues and greens in your classroom You guys are doing great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was just an added bonus that my door now matches my room- Ha!
      Casey

      Delete
  3. Your classroom is adorable! Want to come decorate mine? :) SimplyTeachSewGrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having a classroom that you enjoy to be in is a BIG deal, because you spend so much time of the day/week/month/year/life in that classroom, it might as well have stuff in it that makes you happy. :)

      Delete
  4. Your door is so cute! I love that you are using The Pout Pout Fish for your door to celebrate Read Across America! I dearly LOVE Dr. Seuss but I think it's important to celebrate all author's books. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN