07 April 2018

Books You Should Read!


Have I told you before how amazing Goodreads is? Goodreads is the best for making a year long reading goal, finding books similar to the books you enjoy or make recommendations for your friends and see which books they are reading. You are also able to rate books once you've read them.



I just started reading her books this year and I now want to read every single one of her books and want her to never stop writing! I've always liked fantasy, but I really appreciate her modern language in the fantasy stories that she writes. I'll also warn you that many of her books include romance. I enjoy it all mixed together, but I know some people are particular about having the two separate. So far, I've read her Curse of Gods series, Walker Saga, NYC Mecca Series. 






I enjoyed this contemporary romance as a change from my usual fantasy books. The story tells about an orphan that is adopted into a rich family. It is a rough transition for her to fit in with the boys of the family that attend the same high school with her. 




This story starts with Juliette being locked in a tower. She is 17 years old and her touch is fatal. This is one of those stories where she has to decide to become a weapon or become a warrior.




The story is based in the desert with a female lead. Amani is a gifted gunslinger in a world of magical djinn. This is a Goodreads 2016 Choice Award book. 




I've read a couple of books by Holly Black and this one did not disappoint. It is more mature than her Magisterium series. In this story Jude lives in the High Court of Faerie even though she is human. She must learn to live here with some wicked fairies and create some tough alliances to save her family.






This was an enjoyable story and leaves you wanting to know what happens next. It is extremely detailed and the author does a great job of describing each character. This is another classic story of a forbidden love with magic and mystery intertwined in the story.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN