26 February 2015

Book Talk Thursday: If I Built a House!

Book Talk Thursday: Hosted by Reading Toward the Stars!


If I Built a House by Chris Van Dusen




I absolutely love the illustrations in this story. They make the story come alive.
This is such a cute story! The main character build an extraordinary house that any child would love to have including a living room with trampolines and a bouncy ball pit.



Your students will love this story and it naturally starts an interesting conversation about what can of house they would build and what kinds of things they can put in their house that would make it fun and unique.

I have created a FREEBIE related to this story. This FREEBIE includes multiple writing graphic organizers, technology integration ideas, and additional non fiction and fiction books you can read along with this story.


I was sad to see that the Napping House by Audrey Wood is not offered through Amazon Prime. I absolutely swear by Amazon Prime and not paying for shipping. 

Prime offers these books:











This is only one of the multiple graphic organizers included in this FREEBIE. 

I hope you enjoy this Book Study. Let me know if you have some other fun ideas to use with this story and your thoughts on the technology integration for this story. 

Refer back to the picture at the top of the page to see other Book Talks in this LINKY PARTY!






Share:

1 comment

  1. What a cute book! I will definitely have to look into getting this one for my students!!

    Thanks for linking up again this week!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN