07 June 2015

Five for Friday June 5th


I am excited to link up with DoodleBugs Five For Friday
First of all, let me explain that I have started SUMMER BREAK and thank goodness for no alarms!

Quadcopters!
At my mom and dad's we were flying quadcopters and of course one landed on the neighbor's shed and was stuck. So, my hubby had to get on a ladder to get it down and that's my sister holding the ladder. Too funny! 







Farmers Market
My husband and I started off the summer going to the Farmers Market! The Blue Donkey Iced Coffee is SOO GOOD! My husband loves King of Pops. We also picked up some Georgia grown peaches and collards. Yum!




Yard Sale Finds!
We often go to yard sales and end up picking things up for the classroom- remember we are both teachers! 
This time I found some Barbie kites for 25 cents that will be great for the treasure box and some crafty things that were thrown in to the purchase for free. I also bought a galloon bag full of temporary tattoos for $1. We always find books at yard sales and if they are 25 cents we either buy them for one of our classroom libraries or to read ourselves. 




Entertainment
I am reading the 5th Wave and we are planning to watch about a million things this summer:
All Jurassic Park movies, we've been watching The Profit, Big Bang Theory, the latest season of Vikings, Walking Dead and The 100. 





Already planning for next year!
Of course I have been out of school for almost a week and I am already making plans for next year. I am wanting to use Class Dojo with my First Graders, but I also want a physical/visual positive behavior board in the classroom where students can go move their "monster" (I am making this out of magnets, hopefully I will have it done soon to explain further) when they are making good choices etc. So, I plan to make Monster themed everything for my classroom. Let me know if you have seen some good Monster themed classrooms or charts or if you know of a specific product that is great to use with Class Dojo. 



I hope you enjoyed my randomness from the week!


Share:

1 comment

  1. Hi Casey,

    sounds like your having a pretty good summer break so far! This is the first time I've been to your blog and I can't wait to see how your magnet monsters turn out for Class Dojo!:)

    Alma
    Mrs. Solis Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN