03 April 2015

Five For Friday! 4/3

Five For Friday 4/3

First off, let's all take a look at what I looked like when I left school this afternoon....

Now we can see what my week before Spring Break looked like....




EGG HUNT
We had an Addition Subtraction Egg Hunt!
My FREEBIE of math problems for the egg hunt is above, just click on the cover of the product.

My students made "Easter Egg Baskets" from K-Cup boxes that I saved up over time. We cut the top off of the boxes and let them paint the box. We then poked holes in the side and attached some ribbon for a handle. We also added their names to the boxes that I printed out on colored paper with Mod Podge.

These are small baskets, but should be perfect for our class egg hunt.








We water color painted flowers and wrote sight words on them to create a "Sight Word Garden" for the hallway.




We have been discussing synonyms and we want to start using more interesting words while writing so this is just the beginning of our Wall Thesaurus.
I love that one student came up with "itty bitty" for little and he was adamant that it should go on the thesaurus because his grandmother says it all the time instead of saying little.

For April Fools Day, Koo Koo Kangaroo added a new video on GoNoodle called Just Kidding. The kids loved this new video and laughed the whole time. 






We ended the week with a Field Trip to the PAC (Performance Arts Center) to see one of the high schools in our county perform The Wizard of Oz. It was really great and the perfect way to end the week before Spring Break!

I hope you enjoyed our randomness from the week!

Share:

2 comments

  1. Those watercolor flowers remind me of your blog!! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about it, but you're right!

      Delete

BRANDING + BLOG DESIGN BY LAUGH EAT LEARN